Recently, we had an abishegam in a nearby Lord Ganesha temple. Abhishegam is a ceremony of ablutions and symbolic offerings. It is to make God wet all around.
For Prasadam we used to prepare Sweet Pongal (rice, sugar or jaggery), Sundal (peas), Panjamirtham (honey, banana, apple, orange, pomegranate, dates, grapes…), and Variety rice (curd, tamarind, tomato, coconut, and mango)…
Some Abishegam and its effects…
- Milk - Increases our life span
- Yogurt - Increases our descendants prosperity
- Turmeric - Goddess Lakshmi’s grace
- Panjamirtham - Increases our wealth
- Sandal - Gives Lakshmi’s grace
- Rice powder - Frees from debts
Water - Gives enjoyment & full satisfaction in life
- Honey - Gives melodious voice
|Milk collected in a steel bowl is distributed as prasadam|
|Deepam is shown after every Abishegam|
|Prasadam is kept in containers to get God's blessing|
After Abishegam, Prasadam is distributed to all as it’s considered as sacred food or God’s mercy. If a flower fells from God after final decoration, then it is considered as blessings.
Happy Pongal to all of you and your family….