Tuesday 11 October 2011

Saving Habit….


We must start to teach the saving habit to Kids at early stage itself… I also used to have an Undiyal (money box) for my son. Nowadays money box are available in variety of attractive designs.

I bought a money box which has a pot (kalasam) in the bottom, above which contains a coconut and a parrot is seated on the top.  It’s so traditional…  It’s covered by white cement at the bottom. So, whenever it is filled, we can collect the money from bottom. And also, again we can cover it for our reuse….

I even written his name on it in the front and in the back I have written the day on which we have started… Iam so happy that we have started on Sangadahara Sathurthi (very special day for Lord Ganesh)…

When any guest who’s visiting us, gave money to my son, I used to put in this money box. Also, I taught my son the same. If he receives any money, he will go near to our pooja shelf and asks us to lift him up, so that he can see the money box. He will tell the money box as “Kille” (we say in Tamil as kille for birds). I must maintain this habit to him even in future….

Also, I have an idea to buy something useful for him from that money… So that, I can encourage him by saying “it’s from your saving money”. Surely, he will think to save more without spending to buy something huge…

Actually, all these credits go to my neighbour sister… She only got this idea for her son… Good things, wherever it comes, we have to follow it…







12 comments:

  1. It is very good habit to practice from kid and u had done it well kalai. I too used to collect money as a kid but not used Undiyal,.. there's a pretty one :)

    Thanks so much for u r care and concern buddy. I am glad to have u as my friend. sorry i couldn't read u r blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate for your very good habit since childhood. I liked the pot very much and the parrot looks natural.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madrassi,

    Thanks buddy... dats really nice 2 hear....
    its okay... just take care of ur health...
    taking care of others & being cared by others r d most happiest things 2 me...


    Babli,

    Thanks a lot Babli... Dats a great compliment 4 me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. interesting post...

    putting money into Moneybox will encourage children to save money from childhood

    shape of the moneybox is also different

    ReplyDelete
  5. Krishna,

    Yeah... thank u so much buddy....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post and photos!

    Congrats! :) Check out this link!
    You’ve been tagged here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fiona,

    Thank u so much 4 dat wonderful award.... Iam really honored 2 receive dis award 4m u...

    Iam so happy.... Thank u... Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saving habit should start at early age. Love the money box :)

    My late visit here, have a great weekend...

    www.womenandperspectives.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very nice post on inculcating savings habit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's wonderful post and thought to go with kids... sure it will help them and be a foremost to others. I had been used undiyal sometime and i still hold one that i made with broken tiles with coins inside.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a lovely piggy bank...indeed in these tough times and a changing world for teenagers, the idea of savings should start from the very beginning which helps in later stages of life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lina,

    s Lina... Thank u...
    dats okay... i know u will b here...


    Rahul Bhatia,

    Thank u so much Sir 4 ur lovely visit & kind words...


    Jeevan,

    Thanks buddy... dats nice 2 here... u made it... if time permits better show us ur undiyal...


    Kalyan,

    Thanks Kalyan... u r absolutely rite...

    ReplyDelete