Thursday 17 November 2011

Our Dreams…


Everybody used to dream about something. Some were very common to most people.  Researchers have found that dreams of being pursued and of falling from a height are the two most common dreams. Other common dreams are flying and examinations dreams and of being naked in public.

Being Pursued

In most of my dreams, a snake will chase me to bite. It never manages to catch me as I always wake up in the terror end. My dad used to scold me, since I love to watch the snake episodes in Animal Planet/Discovery channel. Also, he will insist me not to watch this kind of stuffs while iam going to bed… If I watched any horror movie, that’s all, I surely get that dream… I can’t sleep after that…

Researchers found that such kind of dreams indicate that we are trying to escape from something, a challenge or a responsibility or emotion that we can’t handle…

Falling Dreams

Very rarely I got such kind of dreams. It represents a loss of control, helplessness, or being in danger or we fear the loss of security…

Flying Dreams

I don’t remember about such kind of dreams. But it indicates that you could be effective and competent in relation to recent event in your life...

Examination Dreams

Ha… this is what I always used to get even after completing my graduation. It’s like I will forget all my preparations while iam in exam hall or I will be late to my exam or I didn’t prepared anything while others where studied in depth and I need to attend that exam within half an hour or I didn’t finished my exam but the bell has rang….

These dreams may coincide in our life when we feel that in the coming days we may be tested and are anxious about the outcome… These are not warning or predicting a particular outcome. People who actually failed in an exam do not have such dreams. So, it assures that the person will do it successfully like they had done in school or college…

Being naked in Public

Everyone will hesitate to say that they had such kind of dreams.  Because they think that others would laugh at them.

This dream has nothing to do with sex. But it has the feeling of being exposed, embarrassed or ashamed. It indicates honesty, where the person wants to reveal something about him/her…

My Tsunami Dream

During the first tsunami incident, I got a dream like I was in my grandma’s place and my mom was cleaning some dishes outside while I found great waves coming just behind her. Iam shouting her to run, but she was coolly saying that she needs to complete her work…

When I told this dream to my mom, she said “even in your dreams iam doing my kitchen stuffs “. I couldn’t control my laughter. This funny dream made my family laugh…

Actually, I just thought of posting my dreams alone, but yesterday I read these explanations to our dreams in a paper. I thought to share with you all…

16 comments:

  1. everyone has dreams

    nice post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats an interesting topic...I often dream about fishes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would get falling dreams.
    I have experimented with sleep. I keep chewing chewing gum in my mouth and would fall asleep. I have done so many times but have never swallowed the chewing gum.
    So I deduced that even though one might be sleeping still instinct for living without getting into trouble is there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea we all dream, examination dreams are common with me. Lol ;) We dream whatever we have in our mind, I mean to that limit our brain thinks or imagines. We have dreams according to our age, naked dreams are common with women of middle aged. Dreams are like mystery to unfold.. ain't it?? Nice post. God bless :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. everyone sees dreams some remember it and some do not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There isn’t interesting and funny like dreams and it often happens to me also... but I can’t remember many and mostly they are related to travel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dreams unless fear evoking generally leave a pleasant feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dreams are what makes our lives all the more exciting and takes the dullness away from the otherwise colourless lives.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Krishna,

    Thanks Krishna...


    Ashok,

    Thanks a lot Ashok... Fishes.. dats interesting...


    Kirti,

    wow... nice experiment... i agree with u buddy...


    Shreya,

    yes buddy... u r absolutely rite... thank u.. God bless u...


    SM,

    s buddy.. thanks a lot..


    Jeevan,

    ofcourse Jeevan... travel dats really nice to hear...


    Rahul Bhatia,

    thats rite Sir... thank u so much Sir..


    Kalyan,

    s buddy... thinking of our nice dreams itself is a refreshment....

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's fun and interesting about dreams! We have no prior ideas about what to dream is the special of this, hides the excitement within. I too have dreams about model, a wish i has and sometime they say, what in our deep mind comes out as dreams.

    Hope u r doing wonderful kalai :) my hugs to the kid.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Madrassi,

    Its very nice 2 c u after a long time buddy... yeah.. Thank u so much manthra...

    tc of ur health..

    ReplyDelete
  12. As I love to travel so I always dream about a place which is very beautiful with scenic beauty and colourful birds all around. People see so many dreams and some happens to be true but some are just weird. Very beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have made another observation about sleep.
    I would wake up from sleep in the middle of night and would notice an erect penis. However hard I try to recall, I am unable to recall as to what series of thoughts has caused this erection.
    Therefore a thought a man is unaware of cause erection and sexual desire.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice post on dreams. I too dream wierd stuff, but mostly I forget what I had dreamed when I wake up... Is that common too?

    ReplyDelete
  15. what happen dear, why no update from you?
    hope u doing great, take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Babli,

    wow... colourful dreams...
    s buddy... thanks..


    Kirti,

    nice observation buddy...


    Arti,

    s buddy... i 2 forget most of my dreams..
    little bit i can remember...
    Thank u so much buddy...


    Madrassi,

    S manthra... iam okay dear... just busy with my exam..
    its always so nice to be cared by others..
    thank u so much buddy... am so happy...

    ReplyDelete