Thursday 10 November 2011

Pregnancy Experience…

When I came across Lina’s pregnancy post, I thought why not I share my experience with u all…  Please, bear with this one…

Pregnancy is a very beautiful thing. It’s a very nice feel that our child is growing in our womb and we will be glowing out…

When I got confirmed, I was so happy… You know, within 8 weeks, baby’s parts will be fully formed and then its duty is to grow in size…

During my fifth month, my mom came with bangles, flowers to decorate (Jadai for my hair), varieties of rice and sweets. That’s our tradition. Mothers, Aunts, Sisters, Sister-in-laws will do the same thing in odd months (5, 7 & 9).



Above snaps were taken during my seventh month…

After fifth month, we can feel baby’s movement. One day, I kept my bro’s hand on my tummy to feel the movement. You know, he was so happy that he told all his friends about this. While taking scan, my tummy used to shake always. My doctor used to kid that my son seems to be so active…

During pregnancy time, please be happy and healthy always; don’t think about the problems too much. It will affect your child’s health. Try to be active always, so that baby too will be active. I used to go to temple and listen to music…. Pray God…

Seemantham

Seemantham is an event conducted to pregnant ladies. This will be during 7th or 9th month. Ladies will bless by putting bangles to that pregnant lady. This is for the health of that mother & child…

For me, it was during my 9th month. Hope u all enjoy the snaps…









Below one was my 2 day’s old son…
My son’s present day snap….


12 comments:

  1. That’s so sweet to hear your bro’s reaction to feel the movement :)

    My cousin also had her 5th month flowering lately and they prepared 5 varieties of rice dishes. Your son’s photo was touching and nice to see u happy over pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeevan,

    Thanks buddy.. Convey my wishes to ur cousin.. ask her to take much care about their healths...
    Thanks a lot Jeevan...


    Rahul Bhatia,

    Thank u so much Sir....

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must have felt great to be pregnant and give birth to a child.
    You have a very systematic way of doing things. It is obvious from your blogs. You are a genuine person and obviously do not take anything fake. Of any sort.
    Do visit my blog. www.kirtivasan-powerofyourcompany.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting rituals. My wife had 'seemantham' on 7th month when she was carrying our first child. At that time we were in Bangalore and her relatives came from Dharmapuri. And for our 2nd child, we missed that festive opportunity as we are in London. (But in Kerala, it's quite different) The pics. are very nice and seeing your family also. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was lovely reading about your traditions and experiences...really sweet indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice post...

    Valakapp had done for my wife on 7th month.

    Baby can observe bangles sound after it.

    also thanks for leaving a comment about my new post

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! you look very cute dear :)
    there used to say i think that women becomes more beautiful while she pregnant and yours photos are the proof! your kid's photo steeling my heart...

    thanks so much for u comment on my absence and it really means a lot to me and realize my place in blogging. I'm trying hard to keep in touch with u all and thanks again for u love and care kalai.

    hugs and kiss
    manthra

    ReplyDelete
  8. My late visit here :)

    Wow, that's really great tradition. I'm amazed with the flower arrangement on your long hair. Very lovely!
    Traditionally, there's also a celebration here that held in 7th month (Sunda and Java tradition in Java Island).

    Your son is adorable...

    www.womenandperspectives.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,
    Hmm.. memories in pictures. These pics are nice. What's that on your head in 3rd pic? whatever it is its beautiful, must be heavy to bear na? And for the second last pic I'll say.. oh hello baby :) ♥

    The comment you posted on my latest post was marked as spam by blogger, I don't know why? So, sorry I have to delete it. I had read that, thanks for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kirti,

    Yes buddy... ur comment means a lot to me. Thanks 4 hoping here..


    Thaikaden,

    Dats really nice to hear... Thanks buddy..


    M.Reka,

    Thanks a lot Reka...


    Kalyan,

    Thanks 4 ur sweet words Kalyan...


    Krishna,

    nice... yes Krishna...
    u r always welcome...


    Madrassi,

    Thanks dear... yeah dats true...
    u r my friend manthra... i miss u when u weren't blogging..


    Lina,

    Thank u sis.. dats cool...
    thank u so much....


    Shreya,

    Its called "Jadai" fully decorated with flowers & other bright items... s buddy its 2 heavy...
    Thanks Shreya...
    Spam... i don't know... i commented as usually... dats okay...
    Thanks a lot buddy...

    ReplyDelete