Monday 19 September 2011

A Story of a Mother…


Once there lived a poor mother, who had a son. She had only one eye. She struggled a lot to raise her son. But he doesn’t like her because of her ugliness. Though she knows that her son doesn’t like her, she showered much affection to him.

One day, her son forgot to take lunch. She worried a lot and took the box to the school. But by seeing her, all her son’s friends started to make fun of him giving worst comments about his mother. He felt very shame and so shouted a lot to his mother. Poor mother felt very sad….

She tried her level best and raised her son with good education. He too studied well and settled with a very good career. He got married and left his poor mother all alone in that village and settled in the town. She thought to visit him. So, she went to his house. But, he scolded her very worstly and told that he doesn’t want to see her anymore….

Poor mother cried a lot and returned to her village. She didn’t thought about her and felt happy that his son was very happy with his family. That’s it.

After many years, her son had some official visit to that village. While he was crossing her home, he thought to see her. So, he went inside. A neighbour recognised him and told that his mother has expired a year before. Also he gave a letter to him which his mother requested to give if he arrives…

He opened the letter to see what she has written…

“Dear son, though you don’t like me, I loved you so much.
When you were a child, a sharp stick pierced your eye while you were playing.
Due to that, you lost an eye. I was worried that in future everyone will make fun of you. I can’t tolerate that. So, I gave my eye to you….

May God Bless You”

By reading this, he felt very guilty and stood still not knowing what to do….

Actually, I read this story in a book. I don’t even remember when. By visiting madrassi’s blog “Trust your Mom”, I remembered this story. I thought to share this with you all….

When I and my dad read this story, we felt tears in our eyes at the end...

She is really really great….

4 comments:

  1. I too have read this story before and it holds a strong message simply feels firm at heart. I hope the children read this certainly thinks about their mother and take care of them as their eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeevan,

    Dats absolutely true friend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you come up with this very nice story and good to know that my post remind you of this story! It touches very deep and i wish such situation should never exists anywhere else.

    God bless mothers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Madrassi,

    Thanks buddy... yeah, it should never exists...

    God bless mothers...

    ReplyDelete