Friday 16 December 2011

Reward of Being So True….


Hi… this is my 50th post. Thought to share one of my memories in college life. Once I borrowed a book from our library. I think it’s Electromagnetic Theory (oops I forgot the author). I opened the book and kept on my desk in my classroom. I thought to refer something important.

At that time, two friends of my class were fighting friendly. Suddenly, one fell on my desk and made a paper to tear. I don’t know what to do as our librarian was very strict. My friend just apologized to me. I even can’t scold him as this was my mistake. I should have referred in home. My friends told me to return the book without telling anything.

If the librarian caught me while returning, then that’s all. It will be much shameful. So, I went to him and told about that paper. Thought that, he will reduce my punishment. But, he asked me to buy a new book for that. I was really worried as that book was much expensive due to foreign author. Also, don’t know where to get it.

Everyone scolded me for not lying. At last, my cousin brother bought it from his place. He didn't tell me how much it cost and also he refused to get money from me. So, my mom was really angry for giving him burden.

If I have lied to the librarian or kept quiet while returning, then may be I would have escaped from this one. But, in one way am happy that I didn’t lied against my heart. According to me, lying is acceptable if others get benefit in a good way…

10 comments:

  1. hey kalaiselvisblog: this one was really a honest and touching post...Keep ur head high friend ,you didn't lie ,so you are free from guilty consciousness..we do good for our inner self,not for others...selfless good!don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww.. this is so annoying to know that being right also yielded this crap. But one thing is true, you will feel proud whenever you'll think of this episode, despite your mom's anger. Lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I applaud you for not lying! I wish everyone in life would make decisions based on clean conscience. Bravo to you, Kalai, and thanks for sharing this story with us :)

    Btw ... Happy 50th post!!! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How genuine you are! I appreciate you. keep it up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow..interesting post kalaiselvi..proud of you..:)
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats for the 50th post
    its good to know that you did not lied its inspiration for all

    ReplyDelete
  7. heart touching post...

    congrats for half century post...

    also thanks for visiting and leaving comment...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rohit,

    Thanks Rohit...
    very well said buddy...


    Shreya,

    s Shreya...u r rite... except mom lol...


    Fiona,

    Thank u very much Fiona...


    Thendral,

    Thanks buddy...


    Jay,

    thanks 4 stopping by...
    am happy 4 ur lovely comment...


    SM,

    Thanks buddy...
    dat really means a lot 2 me...


    Krishna,

    Thank u so much Krishna...

    ReplyDelete
  9. So proud of u kalai, its a honor to be true! Mistake is a common thing and we no need scare or lie to accept the fault.

    ReplyDelete