Tuesday 13 December 2011

Some Memorable Playing...


Playing with Dolls



In my childhood, I was very fond of playing with dolls especially bathing it, combing it, getting it dressed, stitching new dresses to my doll…  I have combed my doll that much that it became bald. I remember, my sister makes fun of me as I applied soap too much in one of my toy that it became colourless that to in belly area…

Playing with Kitchen Stuffs



I love to play with kitchen stuffs even in home or in my granny’s place. In my granny’s place one of our friend will be a store keeper…He will supply us rice (sand), chilli powder (brick powder), oil (water), vegetables (leaves & flowers) in exchange of different shapes of stones (money)…We used to play with clay stuffs. That was really fun…

Playing with Pencil Boxes

In my primary schooldays, we used to play with pencil boxes. Using rubber bands we will tie saree to our boxes with handkerchiefs… I used to eat lots of balpams (local chalks) in that time & got nice beatings from mom…

Playing Hide & Seek



Hide & seek is a very common game. Its lot of fun playing with several close buddies…

Playing Nondi (with one leg)



We used to have teams & different pet names. Pet names will be like flowers, fruits, animals…. Team leader will say the pet names of his/her team members to the opponent team. The opponent team will pick a name and that person has to go & catch the opponent team members with one leg…

Playing Sand & Stone

In this game, we used to sing a song asking the catcher whether he prefers sand or stone. If the catcher says sand, then the other players have to move to stone areas. When the players start to move from stone to stone, the catcher will catch them when they are in sand area…

Playing Antakshari

This is a singing game. We have to sing with the last letter or last word of the previous person song.

Playing Dumb Charades



This is fun in school & college life. The opponent team person will say the name of a film, song, flower or any words to a person. That person has to explain it with action without moving his/her lips to the team members. Sometimes we used to pick papers where these words are written in it…

Playing Chris-ma & Chris-child

In our college final year, we played this game. It’s so fun and also emotional as we got separated after college life.

In this participant names are written in a paper & it’s shuffled. When a person picks a paper, the name in that paper is the Chris-child of the picked person (Chris-ma). Chris-ma will give lots of presents & sometimes instructions like wearing a particular dress & have to do funny things… in a paper to the Chris-child. The Chris-child has to obey these instructions. When the game ends, Chris-ma will appear before Chris-child. Now Chris-child has to give present to his/her Chris-ma.

10 comments:

  1. Sweet post, you sent me in the flashback. Those were the days.. :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post. I was remembering those golden days of my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You captured many ways to play minus the technology that distracts children today :) I really enjoyed that because these examples resemble my childhood play time :)

    Wonderful images too! The first one captures my heart ~ what a precious girl! Playing with dolls was always my favorite!

    Nice post, Kalai :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully written post, you made me nostalgic. I too have played most of these games but playing with a doll was the best...
    Thanks for this post, reminded me of childhood days.
    Have a fabulous week ahead:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful written post :-)brings back my childhood memories :-)

    http://onlyfishrecipes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shreya,

    Thanks Shreya... am so happy dat i sent u in flashback...


    Babli,

    s buddy... unreturn but lives in our memories... Thanks...


    Fiona,

    so happy 4 dat Fiona...
    Thanks a lot... ya.. she's so pretty...


    Arti,

    Thanks Arti...am sure dat playing with dolls was a common thing & much fun
    its like being in a different world..
    thanks buddy...am so happy...

    Sonali,

    Thanks dear... this is wat i expected...
    i thought 2 send u all back 2 ur childhood memories..

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very sweet post which brought back memories of most of the games we played as kids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. For me, all these playings are more fun than playing video games :)

    www.womenandperspectives.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops, there's a mistake here :)

    I submit my husband's account, hehehe

    www.womenandperspectives.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rahul Bhatia,

    Thanks a lot Sir... am so happy 4 dat...


    Lina,

    exactly sis...
    dats okay... tc..

    ReplyDelete